Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

{ Sea Salt Sweet Book Review }


Today my friend, Heather, of SprinkleBakes, has her second book hitting shelves.

Her first book, SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist, was gorgeous and amazing & I can promise you that her sophomore release, Sea Salt Sweet: The Art of Using Salts for the Ultimate Dessert Experience, is just as amazing.

Heather brings an absolute artistry to desserts. You know the old adage that you eat with your eyes first? Heather's recipes are definitely ones you want to gobble up just by looking at them.

The book, of course, focuses on adding salts to your sweet treats. Salty and sweet? YES, PLEASE.

Heather has recipes such as Sel Gris Pecan Sandies, Cashew Caramel Corn, Ale and Pretzel Soft Caramels, Peanut Butter Coca Cola Cupcakes with Sel Gris, Ricotta Fig Phyllo Cups,Chocolate Malt and Fries Ice Cream Cake, Bacon Fat Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy (her grandmother's recipe, which I cannot wait to make!) and so, so much more.

I mean... LOOK AT THAT.


And yowza! These Chocolate Chunk Kettle Chip Cookies? YES and PLEASE.


You are sure to impress with any recipe from this book.

At the beginning of the book, Heather takes you through a little lesson on different  types salts (there are so many!), and how to use them. This section is very useful and informative. 

Heather is also giving away a CIA Professional Series Vitamix  on her blog today!  Head over there to enter and be sure to check out the book, it's stunningly delicious! 

Tina

6 comments:

  1. I love love love chocolate gravy. My mom used to make it for us once in a while as kids. I can taste it now. It is so decadent. The book would be worth it for that recipe alone. Going to have to whip some up this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had it! I'm so jealous. I guess my Southern family wasn't southern enough (Kentucky). ;)

      Delete
  2. Seriously bacon fat biscuits with chocolate gravy? Omg I'm drooling!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? I didn't even know that was a thing until a few years ago! It's my #1 recipe to try in this book.

      Delete
  3. Looks great. I can't wait to get this book. Loved her first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be interesting to learn about different salts, even if I can't make any of the nut recipes due to allergies.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...