Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, September 28, 2014

{ Frozen Bridal Shower }


My friend Lori's daughter is getting married. It's kind of bizarre. I've known the bride since she was 7 years old, and now, she's all grown up. I shouldn't be surprised by any of this, I mean, Bean is now a 17 year old Senior in High School, but....

It's weird. I know you know what I mean.

Amber's fiance is currently away at boot camp, their wedding will match his Marine blues, (a red/white/and blue theme), but, the shower? That was all about Amber.

I was asked to help coordinate/decorate/photograph the wedding (and shower), so basically Amber has told me what she'd like to see happen, and I try to craft something together. When she said she wanted a Frozen shower (they are Disney nuts too!), I was super excited.

Here's what we did.


To make things simpler and quicker, we started with all store bought foods and then fancied them up.


For any 'on a stick' item like this, first melt a bit of chocolate, dip your lollipop stick into it, and then insert in your food item. Allow it to dry, and then proceed in decorating. This anchors the food into the stick so it won't fall off as easily.

I dipped marshmallows in white chocolate, then sprinkled with light blue sugar, silver dragées, and white nonpareils.


For the Krispies, we started with the larger size treats and cut them into thirds. If you have the smaller sized treats, cut into 1/2, or easily make at home and cut whatever size you like. After placing on sticks, I simply drizzled with light blue and white chocolate, then sprinkled with silver sugar.


We actually found the brownies already cut in this size at Sam's Club. I just placed on lollipop sticks, drizzled and sprinkled like I did with the Krispie Treats. You could make your own brownies, or even use the snack packs of the round brownies then decorate.


We found these mini pretzel rods, also at Sam's Club, and I think they are an awesome size. I, once again, dipped these in white and blue chocolate and decorated with white nonpareils and silver sugar. I really like the way the white white nonpareils look on the blue chocolate. Very snowy :)


The Blue Hawaiian punch is a perfect base for a Frozen themed punch. Recipe below. Also, you'll see swirly blue lollipops in the background. Those were purchased off Amazon. The holders they were in Lori already had at home. I liked them because the color was perfect and they added height to the table.


Lori bought these cute apothecary jars off of Amazon, along with the plastic scoops, the candy baggies, the blue and white Sixlets, and blue and white mints. 


Besides the punch, we had melted snowflakes. Yeah, it's just water. It's a super fun way to present water though, right? 


I typeset several quotes from the movie, all about love. I put those on the table around the room. This is the one I left on the Candy Bar.

For decor on the bar I used a light blue (plastic) table cloth and feet and feet and feet of tulle. I also used some tiny twinkle lights, iridescent gift bag packaging, tiny blue star tinsel, small silver star ornaments, sparkly white snowflake ornaments, shiny gems scattered about, Frozen colored snowflake ribbon and a tiara. Also, to add height in various places, I wrapped three empty boxes in white and silver paper and placed the food items on top of those.

For the food displays, I mostly tried to keep it clear dishes so it would be 'icy'. The jars are simple Mason jars with the snowflake ribbon wrapped around.

I know it's awful seeing Christmas decorations in stores in September, but let me tell you, it really helped me out in this case! If you are planning to have a Frozen party in the off Christmas season, be sure to snap up as many silver, light blue, and white Christmas decorations that you can now while it's all out.


For the tables I used simple cylindrical vases (from the $1 store), the iridescent packing, silver trays (also from the $1 store), and the gems. I also put the typeset quotes on every table. There were quotes from Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Hans.

I wish I'd gotten a picture of the vases from the back, but alas, did not. I had white, sliver, and clear rocks, along with frosty green , blue, and white icy looking rocks and a tealight.

We did a box for Date Night ideas, which was super fun. We just found a box the 'right' shade of blue.


For the take home favors we made sugar scrub, which I called Snow Scrub to go with the theme.



This started out as an all coconut oil scrub, but we ran out and had to mix it with Olive Oil. So, the recipe (below) will be all coconut oil.

And, that's it! We played a few shower games, ate some food (we had real food too! ;)), watched her open presents, and done!

We didn't have cake, we had cheesecake, but you could always make the Frozen cupcakes I did for Darla's birthday to go along with the theme!

To make it even easier, you could use purchased rock candy instead of making sugar glass.


This could easily be tailored to a little girl's birthday party though. Add a few fun games, make the girls Elsa capes with a few yards of tulle, play Pin the Nose on Olaf, assemble snowmen out of marshallows and pretzel sticks, mold heart shaped chocolates to melt in cocoa to show the 'frozen heart' melting with love, and of course.. watch the movie!



Have a lovely day!

Tina



Recipes:

Frozen Blue Punch
by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

1 Gallon Blue Hawaiian Punch
1 liter of lemon lime soda
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream

Chill Hawaiian Punch and soda. When ready to serve, pour into a punch bowl and float 1/2 gallon of ice cream on top.


Snow Scrub (Vanilla Mint Sugar Scrub)
by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers 

1 cup white granulated sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 drops peppermint oil*
1-2 teaspoons clear vanilla (to keep it pure white) or vanilla (will make it off white)

Whip coconut oil in stand mixer for about 5 minutes until fluffy, remove from mixer and manually stir in sugar, peppermint oil and vanilla. If mixture is too wet, add another 1/2 cup sugar until scrub or until desired consistency.

 *peppermint oil gives a little tingle, so be sure not to use too much. If you want just the scent and not the tingle, just peppermint extract.

Makes 4 - 1/4 cup jars

2 comments:

  1. Tina, no one throws a party like you! Everything is so well thought-out . I LOVE the blue punch and "melted snowflakes".
    xo

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...