Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, August 19, 2013

{Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies}


Well, the new school year is upon us. I know a lot of people are yet to start, but Bean started his Junior year last week.

And I'm not the least bit excited about it. Not only do I hate going to bed at a 'reasonable hour' and getting up early, I hate that he's so big. Seriously with the time? Where??? I don't even understand.

He used to eat Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal every day before school. Every. Day. For years and years. Probably 8 years straight, that's all the boy would eat. Oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal. He has, of course, since discovered the joys of Waffle Crisp (which I made into cupcakes here). He still loves the oatmeal, but perhaps not quite as much.

It seemed quite necessary to make it into a cookie though, right? Yes, I thought so.

This is a super simple recipe. It took less than 10 minutes to whip up and 10 minutes to bake. Quick, easy, and a wholesome lunch box snack. You know exactly what are in these puppies.



 It doesn't matter if we love it, or hate it, the fact is, the new school year is upon us. Even if I think it's totally dumb and that time is seriously mean, I just have to deal.

Cookies help.




Tina


Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
recipes by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers
yield: 12-14 three inch cookies 
or 2 dozen two inch cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 egg
1 teaspoon maple extract*
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

*I like the taste and texture of the maple syrup, but it isn't maple enough for me, so I also add the extract. You can taste after adding the syrup and decide how much, if any, extract you like. 

(I make my cookies rather large, you can make them smaller. If you make them smaller, watch the baking time, start with 8 minutes, but they generally take about the same amount of time as the larger cookies)

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together the butter & the sugars. Beat in the egg. Add in the syrup & extract (see above). Then add dry ingredients except oats. Mix well. Then add oats. 

Drop onto parchment lined, silpat lined, or greased baking sheets.
Bake for 8-11 mins. Allow to cool 5 mins before moving to cooling racks.

2 comments:

  1. I love maple, brown sugar oatmeal,too. A cookie seems like the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love maple cookies! I've never made them with oatmeal before but I cannot wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...