Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, March 16, 2013

{Andes Chocolate Pudding & Oreo Trifle}

Can I just tell you how much I hate grocery shopping?

I know that is a random way to start a conversation, but it's true.

I hate everything about it. I hate pushing carts, to start. I hate going through the aisles, I hate that it takes forever, I hate unloading the cart onto the belt, I HATE PAYING FOR THEM, I hate loading them into the car, I hate hauling them into the house, I hate putting them away.

Yesterday I had to clean my fridge before I could fit the new stuff in, so that was super fun.

The only good thing in the stupid stupidness that is grocery shopping is that I go with my friend Lori and we have lunch out.

This is usually the bright spot in my otherwise stay at home week.

Yesterday we traveled to Walgreens, Frisch's (Big Boy) for lunch, and Kroger (grocery store).
I know, we live on the edge. Be jealous.

Next week we will go a local farm to get our fresh beef.

Oh, la, la.

However, having Lori there (who I've mentioned several times on this blog, I've used some of her recipes), and I always manage to make the best of it. We grab things the other forgot, we see things on the shelf that the other didn't, we remember things off the other's list. Honestly folks, we are like a Grocery Shopping Super Duo. ;)

And yesterday, I remembered we both needed cornstarch.

You know what you can make with cornstarch?

Pudding.

Darla mentioned she was making a Mint Cream for St. Patrick's Day and my mind went immediately to Chocolate Pudding. (It's SUPER great having a food blogger for a friend too, let me tell  ya. We bounce ideas off each other all the time).

I finally came up with this.



Andes. Pudding. Oreos. Whipped Cream. Cause yum.

If you've  never made homemade pudding, don't be scared, it's easy.

This can also be accomplished by using packaged cook pudding, not instant.

Homemade is better though ;)

You can layer these into little cups, like I have (aren't they cool? They are from my Dad), or little jars


 or you can just arrange it all into one big bowl. Doesn't matter. Still tastes good!

Dress them up for St. Paddy's with a little bit of green sprinkles!

In the words of the Irish:

Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers—
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours—
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!

I hope you are blessed with friends as good as mine!
Ones to remind you to buy cheese & ones to tell you, 'No, I don't think that will make a very good recipe'.  Ones you talk to daily and ones you can iMessage random thoughts to, ones you've known since you were a kid, and ones you are yet to meet in real life, ones you see all the time, and ones that are Facebook friends from across the world.

I'm blessed. Hope you are too.

Check out Darla's gorgeous and yummy Mint Creams here. 


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tina


 


 Andes Chocolate Pudding & Oreo Trifle
recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

For the Pudding:
1 cup white sugar
2 cups milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 Andes Chocolate Mint Candies

You will also need:
12 Cool Mint Oreos, finely crushed
(food processor works great)
Whipped Cream


Add all ingredients into a medium sauce pan, except the vanilla & Andes.
Bring to boil over medium heat. Add in the Andes. Allow pudding to thicken.
Remove from heat & stir in vanilla.

Once the pudding is fully cooled, assemble your trifles.

Cookies, Pudding, Cookies, Pudding, Whipped Cream.
 


  
 







2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious!!! I also agree with you about grocery shopping - I never plan to get more than I can fit in a basket because I hate pushing the cart! Haha

    Have a nice weekend!

    Meg @ myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious that your post is about how much you hate grocery shopping, and I just talked to you, and you're grocery shopping. And you just told me how much you hate it. XD

    So I pretty much feel the need for these today, cause I am, after all, supposed to be eating soft foods/// Maybe bring me some?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...