Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

{ Mock Champagne }




Well, we did it! 

Woohoo!!

We made it through Christmas!

I'm not sure how exactly I, personally, did it, with being sick for several days, but I did!

And everyone was happy! 

It was crazy and hectic, but, it was worth it.

This year, the Bean, age 15, was more excited for Christmas than I've seen him in at least 5 years. I'm not sure why. I think, probably because he didn't know what he was getting. He knew a couple things, but the bulk of gifts were a mystery to him. 

He'd get done on the floor nightly and shake his presents. He'd ask me daily if he could open his gifts.

Me: "Sure!"

Bean: "REALLY???"

Me: "You bet!"

<pause>

"On Christmas!".

Bean: grumble grumble grumble

His favorite gifts were a new camera, Dishonored (video game), a Corduroy Blazer, and the Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.

My favorite moment from Christmas, however, came on Christmas Eve. We'd just gotten back from Christmas Eve service, and I let him open a box containing a pair of Mickey Mouse PJ bottoms and Arthur Christmas on DVD. Earlier in the day he'd gotten a fox eared hat I had a girl make for him. He was walking around in those PJs and his fox hat, popping popcorn for the movie, and he looks over and says to me:

"This has already been a great Christmas!".

Melt.

Mickey PJs, Fox hat, Popcorn, watching Arthur Christmas. And, yes, cell phone and Kindle.
Teenagers!



So, our Christmas was pretty great. Hope yours was too!

Last New Year's Eve, I posted a mocktail called New Year Rising

It was a big hit, so I'm making another this year.

Last year I wanted to make Mock Champagne, but, oops, didn't buy the right stuff. So, this year would definitely have Mock Champagne.

It's SO easy. So. so. so easy.

2 ingredients & embellishment.

Let's start with the embellies.


First, let's pretend this photo isn't blurry, kay?

Kay.

Dip the rims of your glasses in corn syrup.


Then dip that into sugar crystals. This is my most favorite look. It's simply all the leftover colors poured into one container. You can also mix it up if you don't have leftovers. I think it's the prettiest :)


Ta Da! Pretty!

Once the drink is done, I like to pop a few frozen grapes in there as well.

My decoration was made from a swizzle stick, metallic curling ribbon, and tape!



Then add the bubbly!

Honestly, I've never tasted champagne in my life, so I have no idea if this tastes ANYTHING like it. I highly doubt it, but it's fruity and fizzy, and I quite like it. And did I mention.. it's SO easy!

 Be safe on New Year's Eve &
Happy 2013!
May it be blessed & beautiful.


Tina



Mock Champagne
recipe adapted by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers


1- 64 Ounce bottle of White Grape Juice, chilled
1- 2 liter of Ginger Ale, chilled

Pour together.

The end!

Add frozen grapes (or other fresh or frozen fruit) and decor if you wish.

*this is a very common mocktail. I adapted the measurements for ease of making.




4 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'll have to do this for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo of your son (age 15) reminds me of my own son (age 17)...who was, also, the main reason for this being such a great Christmas for us. thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting! Teenagers really can still add joy to the holidays, can't they, Puttermuch? :)

      Delete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...