Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, October 1, 2012

{ Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats }




Now, we all know about Rice Krispie Treats. I mean, really. Those are about as lunchbox standard as PB&J Sandwiches.

But Cheerio Treats are probably not quite as common.

You know how much of a joke school lunches are, right? It's been told and retold in TV, books, and movies. Sadly, a lot of the time it's true. School lunches are BAD. That can be said of the Bean's High School Cafeteria. He packs. EVERY.DAY.

However, when I was in elementary school, our lunches were DEEELISH. So much was made from scratch then, not over processed, frozen foodsicles.

One of our (and by our, I mean EVERYONE'S) favorite things were Cheerio Treats. It was just so exciting to see that on the lunch menu! My mom, who was the President of the PTO for 910 years, asked Alberta, our head cook for the recipe.

I adapted it just a smidge, by adding vanilla, and a little more peanut butter & butter.

Now, I shall share it with you.

It's pretty much just as easy as making Krispie treats. 

What you'll need:


Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats

1 Bag Mini Marshmallows
1/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
5 Cups Cheerios (or other sweetened oat cereal)

Melt butter in large pan on stovetop.



Add in mini marshmallows. Stir constantly until melted. 


 Remove from heat & add vanilla


 and peanut butter


Stir until glossy.

Pour in your Cheerios. 


I actually used these, by Quaker, because they are tooooooooooo adorable.


Press into a greased 13x9 inch pan & allow to cool.

Cut & Serve.


Or..... melt up a little chocolate and drizzle over.

You know you want to.




A couple weeks ago, I showed the cute little heart shaped cereal on my Facebook page. One of my school friends said I should make these.
 
See, I'm not kidding. They were a huge hit!

So, Lora, this post is for you. Hope they bring back some memories!


Tina




2 comments:

  1. Aww! Thanks Tina!! They look delish!!!! Were they as good as our memory tells us they were?....May have to go make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie, these didn't turn out too well for me but they taste great! I dont think I had the heat high enough, as soon as I took the goop off the heat it hardened pretty quick so getting it to stick to all cheerios was a task! But YUM! I'll make these again, hopefully right next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...