Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

{ New Year’s Eve Tree }



When the Bean was little, I was addicted to Family Fun Magazine. I subscribed for YEARS and I even bought some of their hardcover books.

I was flipping through an old book (Family Fun Homemade Holidays) recently when I came across "O New Year's Tree".


Great idea, right?

It's an idea I stored away until The Bean was old enough to appreciate it.

Then... of course... I totally forgot about it. FOR. YEARS.

 Until I found the book again :)

Tonight I have taken every decoration in my house down, except for the tree, which now looks like this:
IMG_9628

I had the hats & leis already, I save them from year to year, but if you don't and won't have time to rush out and buy them, I found this hat template.

As soon as guests arrive (which is mostly going to be teenagers), they can nab the hat/mask/noise maker they like off the tree, but the balloons stay put til midnight.

I stuffed my balloons with fortunes and cheesy jokes.

 Find cheesy jokes  here, and  the“fortunes” that I found here.

I also added cash dollars or coins, and confetti.

As for the confetti:
Yes, I do realize that confetti makes a horrific mess, but hey, it’s tradition here to make a horrific mess on New Year’s Eve.

I’m cool with that.

If you are not, leave out the confetti.
IMG_9626

At the stroke of midnight, pop away my friends, pop away!

And yes, the confetti, if you dared to use it, goes everrrrrrrrrrrrywhere.

Good times.

The Bean and I are total Christmas addicts, so this is a good way to wean us off the holiday high. Decorations are put away, but the tree still stays, and with a purpose.


I can see this being our New Year’s Eve tradition from now on.


IMG_9631

I plan to be back before New Year’s but if I don’t make it back, may you have a happy and blessed 2012.

Tina


Be careful about putting paper close to lights & do NOT use any 'poppers' on your tree!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea.I always leave my Christmas decs up till new years day but if we were ever having a NY party id definitely do this.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...